Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wow.  A real blog!  
My blog is going to be focused on being a real life wife/stay at home mom/CrossFit trainer/etc. without getting to distracted by shiny things!  My family and friends know about 'Something Shiny'!  Wish me luck on that!


I have been married for over 14 years and my husband and I have a 5 year old daughter and a 6 year old son.  Life is never too predictable or too boring as any parent can attest!


Like so many women out there I spent a large part of my life trying to get fit.  I had gone the globo gym route, tried running, bought a treadmill, I even had an Ab-roller!  Nothing was fun.  I tried to stick to the latest ideas on what you should eat to lose weight.  Again - while my friends would drop weight or clothes sizes - my numbers went up. So very frustrating.


While delivering our son, I fractured 3 vertebrae.  This really put exercise on hold!  When our son was 4 months old, my husband and I decided we wanted another baby - NOW!  And I got pregnant with our daughter.  So - again - where did exercise fit in?  Severe postpartum depression led to extreme weight loss - I was very skinny, but not healthy.


Then a place called CrossFit Champions opened up about a mile from my house.  I would drive pass each day running errands or taking the kids to pre-school and would see these people outside doing fun looking exercise.  Twice I pulled into the parking lot, chickened out, and drove on home.  Then one day I went in to sign up for a boot camp program.  I thought - OK, I'll sign up for this for one month and see what happens.  


That was three years ago and, well, here I am as one of their trainers!  I loved it!  I made new friends.  I learned about the Paleo lifestyle, how to choose high quality food, was introduced to Yonder Way Farm.  So many wonderful things came to me through CrossFit Champions.  God puts things and people in your path for a reason. 


I am stronger than I have ever been in my life.  I still battle with wanting to be in better shape than I am currently in.  I still struggle with good food and lifestyle choices.  I still let the numbers on the scale or the tape measure get to me.  But, I keep trying.


In this blog you will see the good, bad and ugly of real life.  I will have great days and days that just suck.  the difference now is that I can get past the suck, and get back into the good! that is HUGE in my world!


The name of this blog was created by my sister-in-law.  I love it and can take NO credit for it!  Thanks again, Sista!  XOXO


So, there is a little history of where I started from.  Where I want to go is to a place of better fitness, bigger muscles, less body fat, clearer mind, and a peaceful soul.  I'm getting there.  Slow but sure, I'm getting there!







No comments:

Post a Comment