Monday, July 23, 2012

Coffee

Yesterday I did my weekly grocery shopping and decided to get some Heavy Whipping Cream (HWC) and treat myself to an old favorite - coffee with plenty of HWC.

It was.........horrible.  I was so looking forward to what once was my most favorite thing to eat or drink. It made my stomach hurt - bad.  So, now the nostalgia is gone, the desire is gone, any leftover feelings of deprivation are GONE!

I was honestly taken by surprise by this whole thing.  While making this cup of coffee, I knew it could send me back to where I used to be - drinking many, many cups of this each day.  Instead - I like my plain black coffee better than I thought I did.  I have one or two cups in the morning and once in a while a cup in the afternoon.  Down from what was an average of 5 cups a day with the HWC.

My sister-in-law asked me how I made this switch.  I told her I just decided to make the change.  It was about doing what I felt I needed to do - not what I wanted to do at the time.  I am still surprised I was able to stick with it.  Yay, Me!

Just one of those things that took me by surprise!  That's all I have for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment