Monday, November 26, 2012

CrossFit Coaches Prep Seminar

Two weekends ago Nicole Stahl and I were fortunate enough to attend a CrossFit Head Quarters (CFHQ) Coaches Prep certification at Alamo CrossFit in San Antonio.

It was more than I expected it to be!

First, there were only 23 coaches and box owners there along with 3 CFHQ staff members - Jason Khalipa, Adrian Bozman and Nadia Shatila.  What an amazing group - coaches and staff!



The staff was beyond what I could have hoped for.  It was so clear that the only purpose they had was to provide us with the tools to be the best coach we could possibly be.  The information, corrections and critiques they gave was all for one purpose - to help us help our athletes.

Can you tell I liked it???

It was a little uncomfortable to be out of my comfort zone- CFC, my athletes, our coaches- but that soon passed.  The second day I relaxed and felt like my true coaching style was able to come out, and therefore things that I need to improve upon could also come out.  This was the place to make mistakes.  Make mistakes and then learn how to do and say things better, more accurate, simpler.  Turns out I'm too nice and talk too much.  Hear that Cereal Killers?  Time for me to get less nice!

I came away from the certification feeling better equipped to lead my athletes down their road to improved health and fitness. I now have a deeper understanding of how CrossFit and my coaching, together with hard work from my athletes, will bring about your ultimate fitness!

3...2...1...GO!




No comments:

Post a Comment