Friday, November 9, 2012

Moving Heavy Things

Busy week!  I feel like I could excel as a furniture mover.  In the process of getting our house ready to show we moved lots of furniture out and into storage.  Four truck loads of stuff!  Why do we need so much stuff?  Really?

Anyway - I think it is cool being strong enough to do this!  Today I noticed in my WOD that I had no steam left.  I did PR on my bench press - woo hoo!, but then Jerks about did me in.  As the shirt says, I love Jerks!  Today they were just hard.  Eh, that is life.   When one area is wearing you out, you are going to see it affect other areas as well.

I have been crazy sleepy.  This is a problem in general but with each day filled to the brim with things to move, pack, buy, return, houses to look at, etc., etc., etc., it really sucks.  I don't have to look very far to see one area where I have let things slide - nutrition.  It has not been horrible, but it has not been on par, either.  Irregular eating patterns.  Not enough water.  Too much eating out - even when I do make good choices it is not the same as preparing food at home where you know exactly what the ingredients are.  I am convinced that Pappasito's puts sugar on their fajita beef.  Jimmy Johns UnWhich is a good choice if eating out, but what all is in their cold cuts?  You get the point.

So, as of today the house is officially ready for showings.  The massive get ready is complete.  Football practice is over.  Hunting season is in full swing.  Life can now return to some sense of normalcy.

Speaking of hunting season - we are out of meat!  I failed to check that the freezer door was sealed shut.  It wasn't.  We had to throw everything, including the freezer, away.  So, hopefully Danny will get an Axis and we can start eating right again!  Do you think the processor will have a speed option?!

Deep breath in............and out..........




1 comment:

  1. Nice post Shannan! Moving heavy things is so dangerous for our body. The last time I had to move to my new house I hire a moving company to help me.

    ReplyDelete