Sunday, June 3, 2012

24 Day Challenge- 6 days in!!

I honestly cannot believe I have done it!  Coffee with no creamer for 6 days!!  This is nothing short of amazing for me.  If I can do this ANYONE can!

Today has been a huge turning point, as well. I have found a liberating freedom in drinking black coffee - I do not need to be so minimal on my healthy fats in my diet since I am not drinking most of them in my coffee.  Hello, Avocado! AND- I am beginning to find I truly enjoy the taste.  I know I will be tempted to go back to putting cream in it once the challenge is over but I don't think I want to do that.  Another thing that is nice about black coffee is how uncomplicated it is.  Doesn't matter where you are, the coffee is just right!  No heavy whipping cream, no problem!  Tastes can change.

I have not had a problem with the timing of the supplements which I was afraid I might.  There are not that many and thanks to a very handy check list- it is easy to remember what I need to take and when.  The structure is good for me, as I mentioned in an earlier post.

Structure is returning to CrossFit Champions this week, as well.  All classes will be back on their regular schedule.  All challengers begin Day 1 tomorrow.  My son is beginning CrossFit Kids tomorrow!  All sorts of new and exciting things!  Summer is off to a great start, I would say.  I think the off week was good for everyone.  Staff and athletes got a bit of down time, extra time for rest and recovery, extra time to try new activities, etc.

For fun- the Challengers have been posting emails to our challenge group as to what they ate for their last indulgent meal.  My favorite, by far, was a picture of a bag of powder sugar donuts!  I ate those by the pound while pregnant with my daughter.  Probably why the girl is so hell bent on having dessert every night!  All my fault!  My meal was dinner at Denny's pancakes, lots of syrup, butter, bacon, eggs, hash browns with ketchup and lots of coffee with lots of cream!  It tasted wonderful but I felt like absolute crap after. Challenge mode or not- that is NOT a normal meal for me!

I have been having easy food so far- roast beef rolled up with guacamole inside, salads with meat, eggs, bacon, spaghetti sauce with meat- no noodles of course, roasted chicken, lots of grilling.  Yes, I can do it all by myself now!  I love our Big Green Egg!  I made fajitas one night that were absolutely wonderful!  Meat was, of course, from Yonder Way Farm.  Farmer Jason and his chicks raise some very tasty food!  All grass fed, grass finished beef, pastured pork, poultry and eggs.  So yummy!  Tuesday is delivery day - I can't wait as I am almost out of eggs.  If you want to know where your meat comes from, want to have it hand delivered by the farmer himself, and usually one of his daughters, check them out.  I cannot say enough wonderful things about this farm and this family!

Mmmmm...zucchini on the Egg!




1 comment:

  1. Proud of and for you, Shannan! I'm so looking forward to starting this challenge myself!

    ReplyDelete